GREECE WON!!!an AMATEUR's REVIEW:
ok... basically... this match was totally nerve-wrecking... for me at least... cause I was watching it live... and just couldn't take the anxiety! And come on people... the match was NOT boring... action-packed from the beginning...
Portugal got me VERY worried...
they kept on making advances and had an attacking-spree... they had possesion of the ball 3/4s of the time... and were in Greece's side of the field most of the time... But too bad they couldn't pull through victoriously... the had INNUMERABLE chances... but all went to waste due to nerves I think... and thanks to Greece's defence...
They were man-marked like anything by the Greeks... and after the opening goal... their nerves started taking a toll... all their tries for the equalizer went far too wide... but there was this period of time when Portugal started getting free kick after free kick, corner after corner... *got me VERY worried* But the Greeks didn't let anything get through:D
When the Greeks scored the first goal... I WAS BESIDE MYSELF!!! (and woke up my family members from their deep slumber) The goal was the usual header from Charisteas in the 57th minute... I WAS SCREAMING!!!
Another time when I was beside myself(in laughter)... was when this stupid fan came running through the field, in MID-GAME! He waved a flag that looked like a Portugese one.. and started making a dash for it when this whole HORD of policemen came charging after him... That git was nearing the edge of the field... and waved his hands to applause from the crowd as he was seconds away from an escape! But INSTEAD of running into the stands... the idiot ran into the goal-net(is that what its called?)! *stupid git* got caught! *total nutcase... just when he was abt to escape* *fool* *oaf*
Anyway... at the end of it... I was slightly upset... as the portugese deserved at least 1 goal... the score: 2-1 to Greece would look much better than 1-NIL to Greece... Oh well...
heck... GREECE WON!
I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE RESUTLS... AND THE FIRST TIME I SUPPORTED A TEAM IN A MATCH... THEY WON!!!
Just proves that after all... Zeus was looking down at the Greeks... *good for them*
Do check out www.euro2004.com/index.html
Oh yesh... and remember one more thing folks... Don't just hail to King Otto... Hail to
ME! *winks*
I shall get back to my smiling and exclaims of disbeliefs... :D
Until next time...
Radhika the Great (GO GREECE)