I'm updating!
It's been a while... I've gone to india, come back, watched Collateral, Spiderman 2,
Ocean's 12 twice and
The Bourne Supremacy 3 times :D [I've decided to convert my Collateral DVD fund which was closed down by my parents who coincidently embezzled all the money, to The Bourne fund :D]
I found this newfound patriotism after going to
India :D [both for India and Singapore]
anyway... I was doing some thinking...
in Delhi... there are these Super-Gigantic Malls cropping up all over the place... and everyone's proud of them and they are good... but I feel that these buildings do NOTHING for the country and are very WRONG in potraying the people's priorities... the malls are great, on the inside... but the carparks have been planned lousily with these lethal spead breakers... what's more, there is no crowd control... and better still, the moment you leave the mall you're back to lousy roads with hardly any lighting...
What I feel would potray a country's improvement is GOOD infrastructure and Safety... good roads, good lighting, a safe environment... get that first, then you can think about the secondary things like showy malls that aren't necessary...
Indians proved themselves worthy of having the talent to build huge structures [a good e.g. the malls] but they are VERY short sighted... this was my parents' view and I second that... If you were to have a huge mall, don't you need proper roads capable of handling the crowds first? proper carparks... why do you need S'pore styled underground carparks (that were'nt properly planned) when you have all the space in the world?
Becoming advanced does
NOT necessarily mean becoming overly WESTERN = it doesn't prove a thing...
Anyway... School has started... Varsha and meself in same Class: 302...
the class is very quiet and not as crazy as Oh THREE:D
back to movies: I'M GOING TO GET
THE BOURNE DVDs SOMEHOW!!!
and did I mention that my parents are trying the "allowance" system on me... $50 for two weeks... and it's not exactly working that well... I needed more $$$ within 10 daysh!
ok... think I wrote too much for one blog entry...
Radhika *the great*