thinking aloud.well that's what a blog's supposed to be abt right? A lot of things have whizzed through my head yesterday... but I was too lethargic to put it in words.
I was bored in the morning... ferverently changing my blog template in late morning...
and viewing a few tagboards in the afternoon... [not to mention chatting with lakshmoo and prig simultaneously].
At about 3pm a nice little [psychological] thought came up in me... and I shared it with Lakshmoo.
you know all this indirect tagging [lately] btw RG girls and RI guys [mainly the ICS pple]... not all of them, though... but aiyah - it seems to me that both sides want to seem not-that-interested-as-they-really-are to chat wif each other... I don't know how else to put it. Maybe I'm wrong - don't come for my throat... 'tis just as idea... though Lakshmi gave a tiny nod [throgh msn messenger] to this idea...
Then I told Lakshmoo I should be a psychologst when I grow up. Then she said she wanted the same thing too! If she doesn't get the job of toilet cleaner/disk jokey/playback singer... she would consider graduate work.
anywaysh... so then I went back to upgrading my blog... now there are pic links and everything...
and then I decided to change my name to karthirika (brinjal in tamil) and lakshmoo decided to shrink even that to karthu.
I chatted with navene at 10 + pm for like 1/2 hour... which is great... cause I'm usually blocked in her list... :D
and then I decided it was time to go to bed... and then (you know there's this period of time when you shut your eyes but you don't fall asleep... so you stay thinking abt stuff)...
for some odd reason - I had a sense-thinking session then... and I went to bed quite disgusted with myself (and the rest of the human race)...
I started of thinking about RITE (raffles ITE): a stupid french-class creation by 5 deluded souls called the 5ms... and how I was going to right a big "article" on that the next day...
and then my mind wandered off to Alex ( not a guy/a girl...) - full name Alexandra Scott... the late 8 yr old who was diagnosed with cancer days before her first b'day... now this girl... is a hero.
Her parents were told she was told she could never walk again... she took her first step at age 4. The very same year she opened up a small lemonade stand outside her home hoping she can raise funds "to help sick children like (me) her" by selling cups of lemonade for a quater each... her parents just let her do this as a past time... [how much money can a 4 yr old raise?]
"Following her inspirational example, thousands of lemonade stands have been held across the country by children, schools, businesses, and organizations, all to benefit Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation for pediatric cancer. As of November 2005, her national campaign has raised over $1 million for pediatric cancer research." [web page]
She died August 1st 2005, after battling for 71/2 yrs with cancer...
and this sick child... came up with a brave attempt to do sthg... and we... nice, healthy, teens... um... blog?
yup... I talk abt such things... and tell pple let's do something... but do I bring myself to? NO. Do others do that? If they have, I've hardly noticed. And on top of that... all this racial probs (in the news) then... terrorism... I mean... if normal, healthy humans can't respect each other... how can pple show respect to plants/animals... the world, as one living, breathing entity...
looks like they can't... all the pollution adding up... :(
In my view: the world is coming to an end... thanks to humans.
And the funny thing is... after typing about all this... I'm still going to hang around with this blog... still going to stone. and still not going to do anything abt everything I just said. I've stopped kidding with myself. How many times have I truley done something[with my heart] for the world? How many times have you done something?
The least I can think of... is refusing to accept a plastic bag for a chocolate bar at 7/11... *green peace*
And now... though disgusted with myself... I'm still going to come back later and crap.
hating myself. kathirika.