a whole lot of crap and a few wise words.
a whole lot of crap and a few wise words.so I was just watching LOTR first part of first movie... I had recorded it cause my dear aunty just HAD to watch that tamil movie... anyway... I just realised... that elf... the father of Arwen fellow... is the same guy as Agent Smith in the Matrix!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I laughed myself silly for that one... and he talks at times in the same drawling voice... and while watching... I kept on screaming things like "North Island!!!" and "that's definitely near queenstown!!" and "NEEEEW ZEEEEEALAND!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!", until my father got so tired he sort of left...
I also decided my fav. characters were definitely Gollum and Pippin. :D:D:D
ok... I wanted to crap abt something else too... but I sorta forgot. hmm...
anyway... I had that mini-piano-recital thing today morning... it's something that the piano teacher keeps every end of the year so that the students can get exposure on "how to tackle stage fright"... I played ok... at least I didn't make many mistakes... it was fluent lah... I played Felitsa by yanni btw... but I could tell that my technique and all weren't too good... cause I started with the teacher only a month back... and since then... I was never really classically trained... but hey... it was ok...
then for some odd reason the teacher said there was going to be some prize thing for the best solo player thing... I thought that was a bit too much. 90% of the mark by the teacher... and 10% by audience[parent] voting thing.
anyway... at the end of the day... [or "recital thing"]... I ended up getting that prize thing... and I was totally unhappy. the teacher it seems gae me about 78/90... but I ended up getting abt 7 votes from altogether 10 parents or so... obviously all the adults liked felitsa... [who wouldn't]... but seriously... another like 10 year old kid played very well and got very high "marks" from the teacher but didn't get many votes.
I'm a 15 year old playing this song which I've known for over a year... I'm telling you. that 4 year old kid who can play twinkle twinkle little star with both hands deserves this much more... everyone did get a token of appreciation... but this was too much.
then all the parents came to me and were like "how long were you learning... what grade are you in?" I was quite happy to tell them I mainly self-learned till a month ago. shut them up about examinations and that sort of thing atleast... and then some even asked my mother "how do you get her to practise? my son/daughter never wants to... I have to push soo hard." and that was it. my mother and I were dead fedup.
so pushing is the key for singaporeans? I'm telling you. If pple are so competitive and believe in pushing more than interest... inthe oorru munnaraathu. and that's how it seems. we told all those pple: "don't push your kid. let them develop interest on their own... and grade doesn't matter...". The parents weren't expecting that. and really didn't know what to say.
and then we went up to the teacher and gave her some polite feedback... saying maybe you should have this prize thing according to age group or grade... cause I said this myself. I didn't deserve this as much as others... or better still... don't have this competition thing at all... and she said she'll look into this... and all.
COMPETITION. Is that all the people here care about? damn.
and then my mother said to me... don't worry... look at the bright side... maybe some kids may see you as an inspiration or sthg... I said. "tcha!"...
then I said... there could be another outcome... what if the kids get scolded for not playing "well enough"...
HOW COULD PARENTS COMPARE A 5 YEAR OLD WITH A 15 YEAR OLD?!?!?! AND DISCOURAGING OR TALKING DOWN ON THE KIDS INFRONT OF THEM TO OTHER PEOPLE REALLY DOESN'T HELP.
gits. argh.
pity the kids.
stupid people.
karthirika.