Good Job Get 'em up way high Gimme gimme that high five
Good time Get 'em way down low Gimme gimme that low dough
Good God Bring 'em back again Gimme gimme that high ten
profile
radhika
.09.05.1990.

.rafflesian.ohthree'04.ohtwo'06.o8so6p.

.piano/violin.

.idance.


Italic Bold Underline Strikeout


tagboard
chatter



exits
step out
.6p.
.maks.
.anna/banana.
.jukie.
.neeti.
.priya.
.priyanka.
.sianying.
.vini.
.yihui.
_________________________________

.my youtube.
.mraz.
.chelsea fc.
.south africa 2010.
.the script.
.alex's lemonade stand.
.sudan crisis.


archives
des histoires


samedi, mars 04, 2006| 12:45
ri all arts.
yesterday - was THE most emotionally overwhelming day I've had.

the arriving phase:
we came to school. all anxious and excited... with dearest vachakka going on abt how much we've improved and how most definitely we can get through this round... I opened my mouth and asked "what if we don't get through?" [but I totally did not belive this] and she said "hello! I've seen you dance so many times. we're really good".
had maths. and then left for the gym.

the making-up phase:
we went to the gym. got chased out. went back to the gym after practice in J. Block. We dressed up with the help of Sandhya aunty [varsha's mom] and Piriya's mother [who is DARN good with the hair and stuff]. Piriya and I took care of the panchakkacham tieing.

the hurrying phase:
when moo's constant reminders didn't work... Mrs. Bala shooed us out of the gym to board the bus. Problem being: My costume wasn't properly done... I was the last person... and we had been short of time. So that was utter hurry-burry. Not a great start.

the nervous phase:
so we arrived in RI, the only school I now know that's seems more run down than ours, and waited nervously for our rooms to be allocated. I was, as usual, damn worried - abt my costume.
Point: If you ever here me say "I'm calm/I'm not stressed"... SLAP ME.
So then we did touch ups... walked around some time. and finally got called.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

the panic session:
and we went on stage... AND. the cd didn't play. Varsha and Aruna were waiting and waiting... and nnnope. it didn't work. We came out - and BLEW UP. Varsha and I were quite prominant with the shouting. Varsha had specifically clarified with them that our CD worked a few days previously... and suddenly we heard otherwise. We ran to search for the back up CDs... and of all days, we left the wonderfully formatted one [by aneesha] in the gym. Varsha was damn nervous... her voice was shaking. If the CD didn't work. We wouldn't even get to dance... I sorta palla kadikkufyed and tormented this IT guy for that duration. We finally gave Kannan Aneesha's mp3 thing... and stood there cursing, damn worried.

relief phase:
Though Varchakka kept on saying "relax... don't worry...etc, etc." Her eyes and all... gave her worry away. When we got news of the song playing... WAH. We screamed for joy. Varsha started to cry on my shoulder. and WAH MAN! We were happy. I even asked prig to tell those guys thank you - which mean old prig instantaneously refused. The whole fiasco bonded us greatly... we just wanted to show everyone we can do it now... no matter what.

AND OUR TURN CAME.

dancing:
I saw the 4 yashodas dance... and basically started to cry in joy. WE WERE DANCING! YES! And I went on stage sniffing (: Screwed up the initial sitting cause the angle was odd. And stepped on my mummy's [nikitha's] foot lightly when I was going around her... (: But otherwise everything was FANTASTIC! WE WERE ENERGIZED and HAPPY like ANYTHING.

the wow-you-did-well phase:
so we came out to positive comments from the whole world... including random schools and teachers... Aasiriyar started talking abt how we should improve costumes for finals... Nikitha carried me. We laughed, joked... danced around some more. It was great. We felt accomplished - and that's what matters. We watched the brilliant video by lakshmoo. Felt even better.

and then.

the shocked-silence:
Everything went downhill from the portion the judge said something abt 5 schools and 2 adharuvu parisukall... That wasn't how it was last year... and we were all confused. So when RGS was anounced as some prize... everyone started cheering at first... but then the speaker continued on to the first 3 in no particular order... and things started to sink in... We scrambled out of the Lecture Theatre... and discussed frantically... What went wrong? This wasn't how it was last year... Was there some mistake with the announcement? It slowly started dawning on us - no.

the crying phase:
Aruna started crying... and Then I did, followed by Aneesha... and suddenly [and quite violently] piriya... and varsha gave in too. It wasn't about getting first or anything... it was just the preliminaries... We we sure we could get through THAT at least. Remembering the Audience response... things just got worse... WHY?! we couldn't answer that... and what people claimed to be the honest of all honest responses just reflected the same shock. WHY? and my greatest worry was that varsha would start blaming herself... which she did. But eventually, after the anger, we established the fact that WE HAD ROCKED!

what's done is done:
we know we did well. The video proved it. I don't believe adults can be so biased and all. but there just HAS to be some politics involved. sigh. oh well.


Dear dancers. you guys are BRILLIANT.

To aneesha - YOU CAN TOTALLY DANCE! who said classes were necessary? YOU GO AIKE!

Madhu - remember the R(A) prancing on top of aruna? ((((((((((: keep on bouncing girl! YEAH MIKE!

Sutha - a truley wonderful yashoda (: thanks for ALL the support! [and laughs with all the scandalous stories abt you]

Nikhita - MY WONDERFULLEST MUMMY! YOU ARE GREAT! WE DID WELL! I LOWE YOU! and sleep more (:

Aruna - you ROCK! Dhaina!!! Keep the molesting of the green board going! I truley found a SPECTACULAR new friend in the past months!

Piriya - you had a halluciantion problem some time ago. you had an iddupu sprain yesterday... but SO WHAT?!?!?! YOU DANCE GREAT! CHOREOGRAPHED WONDERFULLY! Dolores Pandikutty / SPIKE - I know yesterday was a tragedy [quoting you]. But WE SURVIVED IT!

Varsha - and to my good friend varchakka. You have outdone yourself for this dance. this has been THE GREATEST choreography I've come across... and Varsha... Practices wouldn't have been half as fun or productive without you. NEVER EVER blame yourself. and DON'T WORRY about us blaming ourselves. We did a GREAT JOB. ALL THANKS TO YOU!

the krishnikes and dha,dhee,dhoo,dhums [yashodas] have officially become DAMN CLOSE TO EACH OTHER thanks to yesterday.
For that. I thank RI AllArts...

and I'd like to CONGRADULATE PRIYA D/O GOBAL FOR HER SUPERB PERFORMANCE! and IT Group FOR A JOB WELL DONE!!! WOOHOOO!

OUR WONDERFUL SUPPORTERS! The great, as always, SENIORS! and batchmates... 'specially Navene and Vinithra who ran all the way from MOELC. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

and I'd also like to thank and apologise to the bunch of RI guys to whom I was ultra pissy and snappy during the panic session. They did some how get the CD working in the end... so they do deserve some praise.

oh yesh. Not forgetting our biggest[and most useful] critic lakshmoo (((: Great video by the way! [just that you should not talk so much when recording (:]

and yah... anyone who wants a copy of the dance video... notify me at 9*******. The VCD costs one milkybar per non-dancer.

well basically. this was one hell of an experience. the day I forget the 3rd of March 2006 - I won't be alive.