I was sure I had a certain amount of control at the salon. I picked my dye, double-checked the good quality of the hair-damaging products and kept a close watch on the proceedings. And yet, something somewhere got lost in translation. Upon the grand opening of the first foil, there were suddenly 3 women hovering over me, jabbering away in Chinese. One of them hesitantly brought forth (by that I mean stretched into sight from the back of my head) a few strands of hair. 'It's not too light right?' Let's just say she already knew the answer.
I settled on highlighting my hair, as opposed to tattooing my back or piercing my nose. I'd finally come to a decision the night before - NUS it was, complete with a shift to MechEng. I wanted to put the hours of toil, hundreds of dollars and days of really LOUD discussion behind me (or I just wanted to pretend like highlighting would actually help do that). A fresh start, just as Addision revealed to the Chief that she had dyed her hair blonde after Derek left her - ok. I do admit that the severity of her problems, and subsequent need for a change was way more called-for (and now, why I'm discussing a fictional character's fictional issues, I don't get). Whatever. The point being: it was to mark the beginning of a new chapter, albeit a real different one from what I'd hoped for.
And just like everything so far, the highlights turned out - well - 'offbeat'.
So I whined a little, and they apologized a little more. And now I'm stuck with my father's taunts about how the colour resembles the brownish tinge of the beggers' hair in India. But the new me says 'Heck. It was all in good fun anyway!' (: Things hardly turn out ideal, and I've just gotta learn to go with the damn flow. Take a few tips from the Fellow Ponner ('I'm doing commerce. Cause i think it has something to do with money!). I'd have had a much funner oh-nine so far. Afterall, the Boy with the Voice has a good point - 'Ideal' is what we make it out to be. Just be grateful for what you have, and everything you're going to.
I'm stowing away the baggage, and sticking with my beggar highlights.